My Blog List

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

QBSA Quilt Top Complete!

 
For over a year now I have been swapping
 Quilt Blocks monthly with
Quilting Block Swaps Australia (QBSA) group.
 
My block choice was the Lonestar block
 (found on Craftsy for free).
I asked my partners to use scraps only and any
navy blue or dark blue background. 
 
 
 
Needless to say I received many beautiful blocks
in the mail...I love squishy mail so much! 
I was delighted to see all the wonderful talent that arrived each month, just gorgeous blocks. 
 The fabrics that each quilter used were all so unique...
 
 
 
 
I received a couple of blocks from bloggy friends
in the US and made a couple myself...then I sashed them with fabric crumbs that I sewed onto strips of
paper.  So lots of little bits were used up!
 
Now to find someone to work some quilty magic on
it...it needs longarming
with so many little pieces in it...
 
I love this quilt and its MINE!!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
 
Go sew something!!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pretty pastels in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! this is a block I keep meaning to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I love it. Congrats on a gorgeous top.

    ReplyDelete