My Blog List

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Idaho Square Dance!


When Bonnie Hunter was in town last spring, I attended 
her workshop for Cathedral Stars.  Next to my machine I had a pile of 1 1/2" square blocks as leader/enders 
to make 4 patches...I had no idea what I would use them for but I wanted to use up the fabric, well Bonnie piped up and said....
"Oh! You could make a Idaho Square Dance blocks!"





So thats how this quilt came to be!!  So far, I have 35 blocks...
not near big enough!


I sashed them with a pretty light green/white pin dot fabric and added 2" squares as cornerstones.....now there are 
only 4 more rows to go to make it nice and big!

Yippee! Another Bonnie Quilt for ME!!


See? There she is with those little squares at my machine!


5 comments:

  1. Those are perfect for Idaho Square Dance! Lookin' good, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! Thanks for sharing this great scrappy design with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty scrappy quilt! Lucky you to go to a Bonnie Hunter class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a lovely scrappy quilt. I have a whole bunch of 1.5" squares myself, so maybe I should use your quilt as inspiration. Yes, would be lovely to go to a Bonnie Hunter class, might have to invite her to New Zealand.!! Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect...those little four-patches have been my leader/ender project. Love that block. I enjoy your blog, Julianne...I visited with you at Bonnie's Boxy Stars class in Sacramento. I have 36 blocks made for my daughters quilt, need to get those together!

    ReplyDelete