My Blog List

Friday, October 23, 2015

Boom! Vacation Time BOM Done!


In January of 2015, I started making 
Pat Sloans Vacation Time Block of the month.
Pat always has such great quilt-a-longs and has such talent in all her designs...this block of the month was alot of fun each and every month.  My choice of fabrics was super easy, my sister had picked out a pile of Aqua/Brown combination fabrics YEARS ago for me to make a quilt for her....well, that time came and we have a quilt! Yippee!!!  So this Christmas, she is getting this quilt, I know she will love it!!

Here are all the blocks from each month...








We did all of these blocks and then we were given border blocks to make one month, and then setting blocks and instructions to complete the quilt top.  I quilted it on my 
Singer 301A, I was quite happy with the results, only a couple of puckers on the back...Woooohoooo!! Then while supporting my husband at his bowling league, I hand stitched down the binding and its a done deal...and in plenty of time for Christmas!!  Yay!  Here it is!!





I'm very pleased with this finish, I just know my sister is going to love it!  It matches her bedroom!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah to you. I'm sure she is going to love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! Great job binding it while supporting Focker bowl. LOL. LOVE the picture of it on the fence. Awesome you are the feature this week on Richard & Tanya's blog!

    ReplyDelete